Welch Cemetery

From Henderson, take FM 840 east almost to Brachfield. Turn right (south) onto CR 368. Cemetery is on the right. Historical Marker

Marker Text
The first grave at this site was that of Georgia native Anna Welch (1804-1877), who selected the hillside for her own burial. It was used as a family cemetery from that date. The property was owned by her son Andrew Jackson "Jack" Welch (1825-1899), a veteran of the Civil War. In 1898 the original two-acre tract was formally designated a family cemetery in the will of A. J. Welch and his wife Nancy Ann. It was enlarged to 2.49 acres in 1969 by their grandson A. V. "Vernon" Welch. Pioneer settlers and veterans of four wars are buried here.

cemetery entrance