John Strong and Mary Ann (Whatley) Strong,

at Strong Cemetery - from Henderson, take US 79 east about 7 miles. Turn left (north) onto CR 336. Go less than 2 miles and turn left (west) onto CR 334. Go less than 1 mile and turn left (south) onto CR 335D. Cemetery is on the left.

Marker Text
Georgia natives John (1806-1854) and Mary Strong (1809-1898) migrated to Texas about 1849 and were pioneer settlers of eastern Rusk County. They helped set aside land for the local Methodist congregation, the Church Hill Male and Female Academy, which operated in the 1850s, and this cemetery. Their home was located near a spring east of this site.