Strong Cemetery

From Henderson, take US 79 east about 7 miles. Turn left (north) onto CR 336. Go less than 2 miles and turn left (west) onto CR 334. Go less than 1 mile and turn left (south) onto CR 335D. Cemetery is on the left.

Marker Text
This cemetery originally served the family of Georgia native John Strong (1806- 1854), a pioneer leader of the nearby Church Hill community. The earliest marked grave is that of his grandson John A. Young (d.1853), the son of William and S.E. "Betty" (Strong) Young. Three acres at this site were officially designated as a cemetery in 1877 by Strong's widow Mary (Whatley) (1809-1898). The north section of the burial ground was first used for the interment of slaves. Enlarged in 1950, the Strong Cemetery is now used by family members and area residents.