Smyrna Baptist Church

From Laneville, take FM 1798 east about 2 miles. Turn right (south) onto FM 2496. Go about 2 miles, church is on the left. historical marker

Marker Text
This congregation grew from the pioneer Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, which was organized in 1858. On August 16, 1873, following the earlier dissolution of Mt. Carmel, several former members and area residents attended a meeting at Chinquapin Spring which resulted in formation of the Smyrna Baptist Church. Early facilities at Chinquapin Spring and Redland were shared with local Methodists. A separate sanctuary was constructed here in 1907. Since the organization of Smyrna Baptist Church in 1873, the congregation has been a member of the Mt. Zion Association.

church pastors

See also Churches