Mission Springs Baptist Church

From Henderson, take FM 840 about 3 miles. Church is on the left.

Marker Text
Several members of Ebenezer Baptist Church, organized nearby in 1884, established Missionary Springs Baptist Church n 1894. The church is named for springs at the site of initial brush arbor services. The Rev. William Hendrix was called as first pastor in 1902, the year the church joined the Southern Baptist Association. A frame sanctuary was erected at this site about 1905. Renamed Mission Springs Baptist Church about 1918, the congregation has acquired new facilities over the years and continues its support of a Sunday School, youth groups, and home and foreign missions. Sesquicentennial of Texas Statehood 1845 - 1995