Masonic Lodge Building

101 N Main St, Henderson

Marker Text
Constructed in 1884 by S. M. and J. H. Mims, this building was purchased in 1893 by Clinton Lodge No. 23, A. F. & A. M., which had been chartered in 1845 when Texas was an independent republic. The Masons conducted meetings on the second floor of the building until 1936, when they built a new lodge hall. The first floor of this structure was leased to a grocery store for thirty years, and from 1936 to 1971 it was the site of the Wright Drug Store. The structure remains an important element of Henderson's downtown commercial history.