Maple Grove Cemetery

From Mt. Enterprise, go north on Hwy 259 to FM 1798, turn right (east). Go one mile and take right fork onto FM 95. Go short distance (3/10 mile) and turn right (south) onto County Road 3141D. Go to end of paved road. Historical Marker

Marker Text
This cemetery began with the interment of Paul and Martha Rettig's infant son, Joseph, in 1879 on Rettig family land. In 1883 two children of the tenant farming Kinsey family were buried near Joseph Rettig's grave and the site gradually became a community burial ground. A cemetery care committee was established in 1895. Presently encompassing three acres donated by the Rettig family, the cemetery contains about 600 graves. Buried here are members of three generations of some area families and veterans of wars ranging from the Texas Revolution to World War II.

cemetery entrance