Henderson Depot

At the Depot Museum complex on High St. marker

Marker Text
On June 1, 1877, the first train of the Henderson and Overton Branch Railroad arrived here. Only a freight-loading platform was built at that time. The depot was finished by 1901 and the warehouse added in 1909. A Fairbanks 1- and-1/2-ton scale was installed in the floor of the warehouse in 1917. The station became a community gathering place and shipping center serving the International & Great Northern and Missouri-Pacific lines. Rail traffic declined and Missouri-Pacific donated the building to the Rusk County Library. It was moved to this site in 1977.


Sign Depot