Hardeman-Griffin House

313 E. Main St.

Marker Text
Constructed in 1884 for Mr. and Mrs. John S. Hardeman, this home was purchased in 1918 by H. L. and Nellie Griffin. Both Hardeman (1852-1925) and Griffin (1860-1947) were Henderson businessmen. The house, which exhibits elements of the Eastlake and colonial revival styles of architecture, features ornamental woodwork in the exterior gables. It remained in the Griffin family for more than 40 years. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1985