Ebenezer Cemetery

From Highway 79 turn south onto FM 3310 (by newspaper office), go 2.25 miles to Ebenezer Church; cemetery is behind church.

Marker Text
In the mid 1800s, a community was formed on what is now FM 3310. By 1884, it was called the Mansinger Neighborhood but was changed to the Ebenezer Community after a church and school organized. Most of the early families were involved in agriculture, ranching and sharecropping. The cemetery began with the first known burial belonging to Julia Kitchens in 1886. Those buried here are pioneer families, U.S. veterans dating from the Civil War, Masons and Woodmen of the World. Ebenezer Cemetery is situated in a rural setting with crepe myrtles, roses and cedar trees. The cemetery continues to serve as a final resting place for the descendants of early pioneers. Historic Texas Cemetery 2009.