Clinton Lodge No. 23

In Henderson Historic District

Marker Text
Chartered on Jan. 16, 1845, this Masonic Lodge shared a two-story building with the First Methodist Church for a number of years. A lodge building constructed at Depot and North Main in 1868 was also used for public school classes. The Masons purchased the Rankin Building on the northwest corner of the Square in 1893 and met there until 1934, when a new structure was built at West Main and South Harriett. Three members, including Clinton Lodge's First Worshipful Master, have served as Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Texas.