Arnold Outhouse

Located at the Depot Museum complex, 514 N. High St. at Waskom St. (This is a "three-seater".)

Marker Text
Prominent Henderson businessman and civic leader John R. Arnold moved his family to this property in 1908. He added a second story to the home (razed in 1966) that already existed at the site. He also built a number of structures around the property, including this outhouse. It was larger than most standard outhouses of its day, and the milled pattern on the door and window facings matched that of the large Arnold house. The Arnold Outhouse is preserved to illustrate part of the lifestyle of 19th and early 20th-century Texans.


Arnold Outhouse   Historical Marker